Saturday, May 24, 2008

Latihan Industri Hujung Minggu 4

Week 4, another bland and simple week. More time measurement. More of the hot and humid assembly lines with no engine sub assembly in sight. And more Excel data entry. This week proved to be a very long week as it is the second week I have to endure this ceaseless boredom with out a Friday lay off day. Well, at least there IS an end in sight as my time as a trainee here is quite short indeed.

This week while i was at work at the sub assembly lines where small bits get put together in to bigger pieces of the car e.g Dashboard, Engine, Axle etc etc, I found some really nice people. They were willingly cooperating with me in my attempt to measure the cycle time of the sub assembly lines. For instance there is this uncle at the radiator sub assembly whom is in his late 40's who would tell me his cerita2 lama and do the operations step by step so that i could catch up and note it all down on the list. The mute guy and gals would also do the same and they even paused a while and pointed to me which step in the list they had just done and waited for me to write down the time and then only continuing. I wished the rest of the ppl at the assembly line.
That would help me a great deal and I would've had the complete data by now. But no~ they just did what they pleased and made life so difficult for me on the main assembly line.

To the ones who were of great help to me, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to these nice and helpful people! YAY and now to some of the more humourous things i found during week 4 of industrial training. The following picture is the product of a "dialogue" that i had with one of the mute workers at the sub assembly line called Syafinas. Very helpful person who signalled me when she started a process and signaled me to stop the stopwatch when she is done with it and points out which item in the list was it. She asked me what I was there for and i answered that i was there to take the cycle time for the dashboard sub assembly.



She then told me that she is doing the S80 dashboard sub assembly just in case I didn't know in line 2 and then i asked her whether she is also in charge of the door panel sub assembly in line 3. In line 4 she claims that she not do work. Hmmm.... Is this the confession from a worker that she slacks off during work? Hahaha i hope not...

The following picture is a material requisition form (obviously) that my colleague asked me to send to the stockist to acquire the listed items. What instantly caught my attention was the units for the items in the list.



WD40 for those who have never heard of it or used it, is an aerosol lubricant that is sprayed to loosen rusty metal such as your pad locks, nuts and bolts. So naturally, they come in CANs right? But it seemed that my colleague got it slight wrong by determining that WD40s should be punished and "disebat" 3 kali untuk sex offense against women.

I finished the week with quite some data and am quite pleased with the nice people whom showed their invaluable cooperation to aid my data collection.

No comments: